What are line items?
Scale plan only
Because line items are linked to deals, they are available only on the Scale plan.
In this article
Introduction to line items
Line items are used on deals to identify the products composing the deals. Line items can be set on deals:
- During deal registration by partners
- On existing deals by channel managers and/or partners
One line item represents one product with its corresponding quantity, unit price, and total price.
Products and unit prices are defined in the product catalog: How to manage products?
Line items can be found on every deal's page, in the Line items tab. You will find:
- The list of line items composing the deal (1)
- The total price for all selected line items (2)
- The total deal amount, which includes the total price for all selected line items plus other amounts composing the total deal amount (3)
Options for channel managers
Channel managers can:
- Add, edit or delete line items, even those created by partners
- Overwrite the default unit price on each line item
- Define what partners can do with line items, per partner program (see next section)
Options for partners
Depending on the settings defined in the partner program (please see: How to allow resellers to select products during deal reg? for more details), partners can:
- Add line items during the deal registration process
- Add, edit or delete line items, even those created by other partners on the same deal
- See unit prices, total prices, and deal amounts
Tips: working with both resellers and distributors
If you work with both distributors and resellers, you may want to:
- Allow resellers to define line items during deal registration, but NOT see the prices nor deal amounts
- Allow distributors to see line items defined by resellers on the deals they are assigned to, AND see prices and deal amounts